Building Balance, Strength and Endurance in Your Dog
K9 Fitness has been introduced to our obedience students under the name “Click’2 Connect Obedience GYMercise” in 2009. Today, we have decided to re-introduced this great program with new improvements as a complete program by itself known as K9 Fitness.
What is K9 Fitness?
In the human world the term “cross-training” is used to suggest that doing different types of strength, balance and coordination training helps to improve performance. The canine world works much the same way.
Canine Cross-training exercises are a great way to keep your dog in shape, encourage weight loss, maintain current weight, keep your dog mentally and physically challenged and reduce the chance of injury through strength, flexibility and weight distribution training. This is especially important for the muscles of the bigger breeds ie Golden Retrievers, Labordors, Border Collies etc.
K9 Fitness Training builds:
- Self control
- Mental stamina
- Body Awareness
Your dog will be introduced to the FitPAWS Canine Conditioning equipments and canine cross training exercises to condition and strengthen their core muscles.
It’s also a great way to build trust, confident and bond with your dog. This program is great for dogs that are interested in dog sports ie agility, obedience, frisbee as well as being a great family dog.
- Min: 2 dogs, Max 8 dogs (Dogs 4 months and above)
- All dogs must be free from contagious illnesses and fleas & ticks
- Dogs must be friendly to other dogs and people. We welcome dogs who are timid or reserved and even dogs that are handicaps
- 4 Sessions
- 1 Hour Per Session
- FitPAWS Canine Conditioning Equipments
- Teaching your dog to perform simple exercise on these types of equipment
- Learn how each exercise can strengthen your dog’s fitness